We are a fast-growing startup of smart, ambitious, hard-working individuals whose singular vision is to Simplify Financial Lives in India.
We are a technology company whose products include:
- The largest income-tax return filing platform for consumers and CAs in India – this is our flagship product where our journey really began.
- The largest platform for business and CA firms to do their GST compliance in India, with users ranging from small businesses to large publicly-listed enterprises.
- A fast-growing investment platform for mutual fund investments.
- And more: financial services, TDS, business intelligence & reporting, billing, etc.
We will touch & simplify the financial lives of millions of Indians and businesses along the way, and transform the way Indians manage their finances.
Software Engineering III at ClearTax
Our philosophy for infrastructure is: enable the team but do not hand-hold. The focus is to build tools & platforms which will enable the rest of the team.
At Cleartax, product delivery and platform systems are as important as the products we deliver. We aim to build infrastructures that abstract out security, efficiency, and operational aspects of DevOps, i.e. removing "ops" from dev-ops and enable developers without any infra knowledge to be able to use these systems successfully for their own products independently. Our engineers do not waste time on mundane operational tasks, but rather drive the creation of self-serving systems
What you’ll do
- Design, build and maintain the core infrastructure used by all of ClearTax’s engineering teams
- Build systems that simplify metrics/deployments/analytics/security etc with which even people without an understanding of how this work can succeed in setting these up for their products.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Plan for the growth of ClearTax’s infrastructure
- Proactively look for and implement things which make ClearTax engineers’ work easier and our platform even more reliable than it is today
- Partner with other engineers, product managers and stakeholders to solve interesting and challenging problems.
- Collaborate with high-performing teams and engineers throughout the company to accomplish common goals.
- Improvements in our existing infrastructure and processes
- Build a great customer experience for people using your infrastructure
Who you are
- You are comfortable working with and understanding complex distributed systems and can debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Are able to write high-quality code in at least one programming language
- Know your way around a Unix shell
- You love making a great user experience for engineers and users using your infrastructure
- You are used to and enjoy automating complex or repetitive processes, building continuous integration pipelines, using CI/CD systems and configuration management.
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud