ClearTax is one of the largest Tax and Compliance platforms in India. We are expanding our
Engineering Team — Looking for highly motivated and driven candidates who have a flair for
solving complex problems and working in a fast paced environment.
ClearTax is looking for Solutions Engineers/Developers to work alongside our passionate sales
team. As a Solutions Engineer, you will be required to conduct technical feasibility calls,
demonstrate the features of ClearTax products, and create customized software solutions for
Location - Bangalore
1. Conducting feasibility calls with existing and potential customers for technical
2. Meeting with customers to discuss their software needs and creating a big picture of
3. Designing and commissioning customized software solutions for the customer.
4. Integrating ClearTax products with industry ERPs using standard technologies by
developing, customising, optimising and maintaining connectors.
5. Testing the performance of the installed system and fixing bugs.
6. Providing post-installation follow-ups.
7. Helping the sales team with due diligence, security and all technical related queries.
8. Working with the Engineering and Product team to understand the changing software
product and act as a liaison to the business teams.
9. Ensuring that solution documentation is maintained to the highest quality and accuracy.
1. Managing cases, requests and enhancements using online tools and processes.
2. Determining problems, providing workaround resolution, root cause analysis and
managing major incidents.
3. Building internal tools and processes to manage cases, requests and enhancements.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent work
experience as a Solutions Engineer/Developer.
2. Familiarity with enterprise software systems like SAP ECC, S4/Hana, Oracle JWE,
Oracle Netsuite, Microsoft Dynamics Nav/AX, Tally, etc and ability to create big picture
of software solutions.
3. Practical experience with MySQL, Linux servers is a must. Exposure to Java, C#.NET,
VB.NET or Python is preferred. We are language-agnostic.
4. Great communication skills - Frequent and clear written communication with a knack for
taking technical language and making it understandable to a layman is vital.
5. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills - A passion for solving tough problems
and proposing elegant solutions.
6. Self-driven work ethic - You should be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and
seeing things through to completion.
7. Curiosity and the desire to learn and adapt - Our business is changing and growing fast.
So flexibility is the key to learning and helping teach others.
8. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
9. Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
10. Attention to detail.