Title: Member of Technical Staff, ClearTax
ClearTax is hiring F# developers to work on our financial platform.
ClearTax is one of the few companies in India working with F#. We believe in using the best tool
for the job, and F# has been a critical language in our stack.
To learn more about how ClearTax uses F#, you can watch this video by our co-founder & CTO,
Ankit Solanki, recorded at Functional Conf 2016:
What will you be doing:
● You will mainly be a part of the TDS Product team at ClearTax. Responsibilities will
include scaling up the product, evolving it; adding new features (we have a long road
map), meeting customer needs, working end-to-end.
● You will be writing F#, doing actual production-level work. Improve existing systems to
have better abstraction, modularity & speed; and at the same time work on brand new
● You will need to be obsessed about quality & correctness (it’s crucial in a fintech
● You will work on scaling changes that are a result of deadline-driven usage (10-100x
increase in load during deadlines)
These requirements are all indicative, they are not hard requirements. Please do not hesitate to
apply for the position even if you don’t check all the boxes, but they do describe the type of work
you’ll be doing.
- Experience with (or interested in) F#, Haskell or any other functional language
- Not a hard requirement if you are willing to learn and have an open mind :)
- Hands-on experience in design & development of web applications
- Experience level: 3+ years
- You are passionate about products and care about great design, not only in products
and their appeal but in your code and technical design as well
- You’re a strong coder; Love to explore multiple languages and tech stacks
- You are comfortable in a high-paced environment and can respond to urgent (and at
times ambiguous) requests
- You care for the community and contributed to open source projects which have a large
number of users or you have built a product/service has a lot of users.
- You understand user experience, network systems or scalable distributed systems
- Bonus: Some experience with the frontend. Our products use a React / Redux stack on
ClearTax is the one of India’s premier financial technologies startups, with millions of users. Our
users use ClearTax to manage their finances, including filing their tax returns and investing in
mutual funds. We build products for consumers and businesses: helping simplify finances for
Extreme customer obsession, passion for going deep and committing to great technology define
our engineering team.
ClearTax was a part of YCombinator’s Summer 2014 batch. We are a funded startup, with
funding from Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund and SAIF Partners.