We are a fast growing startup of smart, ambitious, hard-working individuals whose singular vision is to Simplify Financial Lives in India.
We are a technology company whose products include:
- The largest income-tax return filing platform for consumers and CAs in India – this is our flagship product where our journey really began.
- The largest platform for business and CA firms to do their GST compliance in India, with users ranging from small businesses to large publicly-listed enterprises.
- A fast-growing investments platform for mutual fund investments.
- And more: financial services, TDS, business intelligence & reporting, billing, etc.
We will touch & simplify the financial lives of millions of Indians and businesses along the way, and transform the way Indians manage their finances.
Devops at ClearTax
Our philosophy for devops & infrastructure is: enable the team but do not hand-hold. The focus is to build tools & platforms which will enable the rest of the team.
The devops team focuses on:
- Driving a culture of operational excellence – continuous deployments, focus on metrics and analytics, with a large focus on reliability
- Infrastructure as Code
- Automating everything that can be automated
- Building internal tools and platforms which are a base for the rest of the engineering team to use
- Securing our infrastructure from threats
- Actively problem solve and plan for the future: do not just solve today’s problems
In the devops role, we are hiring at multiple experience levels. As you grow in the role, your scope of responsibilities will keep growing to larger and larger areas.
- Devops Engineer 1 – approx 0-3 years
- Devops Engineer 2 – approx 2-5 years
- Devops Engineer 3 – approx 4-8 years
- Devops Engineer 4 – approx 7+ years
The Infrastructure Stack at ClearTax
An incomplete list of tools you may be working with on a day to day basis as a part of our devops / platform team include:
- Jenkins, TeamCity – CI
- Spinnaker (with packer for building images) – CD for stateless, immutable deployments of services
- Terraform – managing AWS infra including network topology, security groups, etc
- Ansible – for managing stateful services
- Bash + Python
- Several open source tools and platforms: Hashicorp Vault, Apache Airflow, Grafana, Prometheus, nginx, etc
- A large list of AWS services – Route53, CloudFront, redshift, kinesis, cloudwatch, etc
This qualification list is meant to be indicative. We welcome candidates with varied experiences and backgrounds, and if you may still apply if you don’t fit this exactly.
- Relevant hands-on devops experience
- Strong fundamentals: Linux OS, CLI tools, Networking, etc
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud
- Hands on experience with configuration management tools: Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc; CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, etc
- Programming ability: Bash, Python or any other programming language
- Experience with monitoring & alerting tools: ELK stack, New Relic, Grafana, CloudWatch, Prometheus, etc